Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bear with me, s'il vous plait.

Right now I'm going through French withdrawal. After four years of high school French class everyday, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I never expected to miss it. I thought that I might take up another language now, something more exotic and unusual, and perhaps I still will, but as of now it looks like I'll be having a one-hour French class every day of the spring semester, which just ruins my hopes of having Fridays free. Hrmph.

My sister's glad. She's a French teacher, but she's currently living abroad for the year to teach English in France. I want so badly to visit her at some point, especially since I've never been there, but it seems unlikely as of now. It's hard enough even to set up times to talk with her, given the 9 hour time difference.

I think part of my withdrawal stems from being away from my friends more than studying the language. We love to watch French movies, listen to French music, eat crepes, and swoon over French actors. Gaspard Ulliel is tres, tres mignon. I can't believe I haven't watch Amelie or Un Long Dimanche de Fiançailles since I left home. I was craving French film so much today that I watched one rather than doing my homework (big surprise); La Belle Personne. 



It's about a shy, 16 year-old girl who recently lost her mother and switched to a new school, where just about every male classmate (and one very sexy male teacher) falls in love with her. It was pretty good: very good acting, interesting story, depressing though, but then that's common with most French movies, I find.

Anyway, this has been a pretty dull post. I do have more interesting things to talk about, I promise. Right now I'm just trying to focus on writing everyday. Trying to make a habit out of it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment