Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh that's right, I have a blog!

I'd love to go ahead and tell myself that I'm going to keep up more regularly, but I'd only be lying to myself if I didn't recognize the fact that I'm only posting right now because I should be doing other things.

I have a daunting amount of untouched homework right now as well as an article due for the newspaper tomorrow, and on top of being a source short I have no idea what I'm talking about in it. I'm writing for the our school newspaper now. It's pretty exciting, my first article was published on the front page on Tuesday. That was really cool. I really only co-wrote the article with a more seasoned reporter that I was shadowing, but it was still pretty exciting.

Even though the pay-off is rewarding, writing the stories themselves is proving to be ridiculously stressful at the moment. I know I'm still learning, but I really hope it's going to get better, and by better I mean more interesting/I'll have more of an idea of what I'm doing/I won't procrastinate as much/I won't make a complete ass of myself. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. One thing I can assure you right now, it's going to be a looooooong semester.

2 comments:

  1. Addie, you'll always make an ass of yourself. But don't worry, it's an endearing quality! In all seriousness, congratulations with the newspaper madness! It's nice to see you procrastinating like always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh yes. And it's good to know I can always count on you to congratulate me on my procrastination.

    ReplyDelete